Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of medical diseases and conditions, as well as the provision of medical care in the field of Pediatric Radiology, in accordance with current medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and the hospital's policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assumes primary responsibility for the care of patients referred for Radiological exams or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Ensuring exams are indicated and appropriate based on the available information (risk vs. benefits assessment)
- Performance of exams and procedures
- Dictation of results
- Verification of reports
- Minimizes patient exposure to ionizing radiation according to ALARA principles outlined in the hospital Radiation Safety Manual.
- Is responsible for the timely completion, completeness and accuracy of Radiological reports.
- Supervises Residents and Fellows and ensures that their assigned work is performed within the scope of clearly defined and approved program guidelines.
- Provides consultation to other services upon request.
- Is available for on-call and call-back service when scheduled for such duties.
- Responds to pages and calls in a time frame that is within organizational policy.
- Conducts education for residents and fellows and participates in the Department's educational activities.
- Participates in research activities.
- Accepts and undertakes administrative and other assignments from the Section Head or Chairman.
- Abides by hospital medical staff bylaws, and all relevant rules, regulations and policies.
- Attends Section, Department, and Organization staff meetings.
- Follows all related policies and procedures.
- Participates in self and other's education, training and development, as applicable.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned.
- Must have graduated from a recognized medical school
- Certified in medical specialty by an approved Specialty Board
- American board in Specialty/Fellowship program in your country of origin.
- Seven (7) years in training / sub-specialty plus post-training experience required
- Six (6) years recent experience as a Licensed Physician
- Doctor of Medicine
Powered by JazzHR