1. Plan, organize, lead and control the activities of the Tanks Reliability section to ensure that competent, professional, timely and cost effective services are offered to all stakeholders at all times for promoting operations reliability and continuity of business operations.
2. Review, verify and approve all tanks design, repair, modification and replacement requirements constituting the bulk of the maintenance expense and capital expenditure in the Tank repair program.
3. Maintain and study Tanks inspection and reliability records, analyse data, identify problems to provide long term solutions to identify areas for improvements and to ensure that efforts are directed towards attending priority problems for improving equipment availability, safety and reliability and reduce maintenance work.
4. Analyze and review with subordinates and other refinery groups equipment prior, during and after planned and unplanned shutdowns to ensure that reliability issues are addressed for improving operations reliability.
5. Review and revise periodically the Inspection Procedures, Inspection Instructions, Mechanical Integrity documentation and inspectors training modules to ensure that all standard procedures are continuously updated to improve the work qualities and equipment reliability.