Assessment, management and implementation of the nursing care of the patient. Involving the family and relatives of the patient as appropriate. Whilst maintaining respect for the religious and cultural beliefs of the patient.
Undertake record and follow guidelines for tasks for which you have received appropriate training:
- Familiarize self with hospital “vision and purpose" and with Department goals.
- Implement Hospital policies when performing all procedures.
- To Participate in QI, IFC, Patient Safety Code blue Champion and /or Clinical Resource Nurse
- Demonstrate the role of a preceptor by leading others right from the front.
- Assess the physical and psychological need of the patient and make appropriate nursing interventions; assists physicians and other members of the health care team as required.
- Be accountable for the delivery of quality care and patient safety. Acknowledge own clinical limitations and communicate with colleagues to ensure procedures are completely correctly.
- Act as patient advocate within the multi disciplinary team.
- Ensure a clean and safe environment for the patient, relatives and visitors.
- Implement routine management/maintenance of floor stocks.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude when dealing with patients, staff and colleagues.
- Report and document incidents involving patients, visitors staff, equipment or facilities.
- Liaise with medical staff with regard to provision and implementation of quality patient care.
- Assist and supervise in-service education programs
- Participate in systematic in-service education programs.
- Participate in unit in-service and unit staff meeting regularly.
- Demonstrate a clean and neat professional appearance.
- Report to work promptly and adhere to departmental working hours
- Undertake additional tasks or duties not previously mentioned commensurate with training and ability.
- Work collaboratively and cohesively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- To provide and participate in patient and family education
- Recognized nursing qualifications from country of origin. Diploma in Nursing.
- Nursing license from country of origin and Bahrain Ministry of Health.
- Further training in area of specialty/ BSN Nursing
- 3 to 5 years minimum post graduate experience
- 3 years' experience in field of specialty
Knowledge & Skills
- Appropriate knowledge and experience in specialized field of employment.
- Needs to have successfully completed Hospital Nursing Department basic requirements.
Knowledge of the principles, practices and skilled techniques of nursing: symptomatology and disease processes; general nutrition; medical equipment and operation; use and effects of medications; laws governing nursing; health education practices; standards and criteria related to International Standard Organization (ISO 9001:2008) and the Australian Council on Health Care standards accreditation (ACHSI); basic principles of quality improvement; working knowledge of polices and procedures of Hospital.
Ability to: Evaluate and assess the nursing and /or medical needs of the patient; work with patients families in a clinical setting to assist in resolving health problems; perform skilled nursing tasks; anticipate patients needs; demonstrate tact, diplomacy, patience and compassion; comply with nursing protocols and policies; prepare and maintain accurate nursing related documentation; recognize and respect limits of confidential information; communicate effectively with people of diverse socio economic and ethnic origins.
Powered by JazzHR