The Emergency Medicine Physician, Head of Department is involved in planning, organizing and directing the operation of the Emergency Department. They are responsible for assessing the patient’s condition and resuscitating or stabilizing patients in life-threatening condition due to sudden injury or trauma and referring them to the appropriate medical departments, in accordance with current medical staff bylaws, rules, regulations, and all hospital policies and procedures.
- Administrative supervision and overseeing implementation of regulations within the department in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides an effective leadership role model in the department.
- Complies with and actively participates in the Emergency Department quality / performance improvement plan using approved measurable performance improvement criteria, indicators and standards.
- Leads in developing departmental goals and objectives. Assists in the design, implementation, reviews and updates of Policies and Procedures for the Emergency Department.
- Assists in delegating appropriate duties & responsibilities to staff within the department commensurate with their education, experience and job description.
- Assists the department in the development and implementation of techniques and practices that help maximize the utilization of resources and quality of patient care.
- Provides required patient care and management in the Emergency Department in accordance with the most up-to-date standards of medical care.
- Treats all acute medical problems, injuries, poisoning/overdoses, and complications of chronic illnesses. This includes giving medications and using special equipment per the needs of the individual patients.
- Assesses patient’s condition or disease to determine appropriate therapeutic procedures and medical treatments.
- Works to ease the pain and anxiety that a medical crisis causes a family through thorough education and counseling.
- Complies with all hospital standards and policies pertaining to acceptance, eligibility, admissions process, consultation, daily patient care, and patient discharge. Stays compliant with all hospital regulations regarding required staff training.
- Documents all findings in medical records.
- Assists in and promotes educational activities of junior staff, particularly within their department.
- Keeps abreast with all the latest techniques and developments following and implementing them on a selective basis to improve technical standards.
- Performs any other clinical responsibilities as assigned or required.
- Must have graduated from a recognized medical school.
- Certified in medical specialty by an approved Specialty Board.
- American board in Specialty/Fellowship program in country of origin.
- Six (6) years recent experience as a Licensed Physician.
Powered by JazzHR