General Dynamic Information Technology (GDIT) has opportunities for Network Engineers, supporting an exciting new DoD program with OCONUS locations available.
In this position, you are responsible for keeping current communication networks / systems running smoothly and secure. Primary responsibilities include managing, monitoring and troubleshooting network infrastructure for both classified and non-classified networks.
Prior experience troubleshooting and resolving malfunctions to restore services for IP, Optical, and TDM network devices is necessary.
In this position, you will also be responsible for coordinating with Government counterparts, both CONUS and OCONUS, as well as other network operation center team members, site manager, long haul and local carriers during troubleshooting.
Additionally, you will perform day-to-day network security support including planning, implementation, administration, and support of security measures that comprise the Security Infrastructure for the networks and provide integrated, transport, IP, and tactical mission engineering, implementation, and network assessment for contingency planning.
Responsibilities for candidates with 2 years of experience include but not limited to :
1) Evaluate system network requirements and make appropriate technical recommendations.
2) Proficiency with Cisco and Juniper networking devices to include : Establishing remote management connectivity, updating the operating systems, coordinating and performing verification testing, configuring alarm thresholds and system profiles, and configuring / testing various layers of the OSI model.
3) Assist IA personnel regarding network security and maintenance. Ensure that the network configuration meets all IA requirements.
4) Monitor network performance.
5) Knowledge of IP principles.
Responsibilities for candidates with 3 years of experience include but not limited to :
1) Proficiency with performing pro-active monitoring of network element alarms and alerts identifying components / elements that lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure.
2) Assist IA personnel regarding network security and maintenance.
3) Monitor network availability and reliability.
4) Knowledge of IP principles or TDM, ATM, and Optical networking principles.
5) Maintains logs and records associated with reported problems and make appropriate technical recommendations.
Basic Qualifications :
Preferred Skills :
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector.
Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.