About Jumeirah& the hotel
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developingour colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provideequal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 differentcountries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western andEastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give youevery chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise ourcolleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah familyfrom day one.
You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journeywith us and make Jumeirah Your Place to Shine’.
The Jumeirah Royal Saray, which is located on the Bahrainshoreline in a premium beach front position, offers 172 guest rooms includingtwo Royal Suites as well as a variety of dining and recreational choicesincluding a state of the art health club and spa.
About the job
An opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Business ExcellenceManager to join the Executive Office team in Jumeirah Royal Saray Bahrain.
Themain duties and responsibilities of this role :
Main Role :
1. Overlookingthe guest feedback management processes and associated standards
2. Performingtasks related to mystery guest assessments, telephone test calls and emotionalengagement audits, including reports, analysis, follow up and recognition
3. Supportingcolleague involvement through improvement teams, specifically ExcellenceDrivers teams (training, recognition etc)
4. Assistingwith the development of suitable training materials to support theimplementation of the Jumeirah Quality Management system and driving colleagueawareness of Business Excellence and quality related principles
5. Facilitatingimprovement projects to identify root cause and eliminate recurringproblems / prevent problems from occurring in different areas around the hotel
6. Supportingthe requirements of the balanced scorecard and strategy
7. Remainingup to date with the latest Quality and Business Excellence industry trends.
8. Supportingthe administration of the department (rosters, training, performanceappraisals, payments, work orders etc
9. Activelyseeking new ways to continually improve the procedures in the BusinessExcellence department
10. Co-operatingwith Management and following policies and procedure to promote a healthy andsafe workplace
11. Reportingany safety concerns to management in order to maintain the highest standard ofsafety and hygiene at all times.
12. Activelyseeking ways to minimize consumption of energy and wastage of resources (i.e.recycling), as well as financial resources of the department
13. Groomingand developing colleagues through effective transfer of quality management andbusiness excellence knowledge, skills and competencies.
14. Creatingand maintaining a harmonious atmosphere within the Business Excellence team,provide guidance, support and motivation and leading by example
About you :
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications : One to three years of progressively responsible roles within operations or Business Excellence, preferably within the hospitality business.
Qualification equivalent to Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management, Business Administration, Statistics or Quality Management.
Training on Excellence Model and Quality Management System methodologies.
About the Benefits :
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant who like to associate her / himself with one of the most luxurious brand in the hospitality industry.